Bog header

Authors

Ira Koretsky
(click for all of Ira's posts)
Duane Bailey
(click for all of Duane's posts)
Guest Bloggers
(click for all of our posts from guest authors)

 

Archive

« September 2014 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          
Soon to be a Veteran? Veteran? Spouse? Looking for hands-on career advice? Join me and a distinguished group of presenters providing free career workshops at the annual Association of the United States Army (AUSA) conference in Washington, DC. I was part of the 2013 program and look forward to this year's event. While the event is Army-focused, any service member, veteran, and spouse is welcome. The American Freedom Foundation workforce hiring event at AUSA is presented by Sourceamerica® and GES.  12 workshop sessions take place October 13 – 15 to provide resources and information for veterans and transitioning military.  I'll…
Sales is one of the hardest jobs in any company. There are daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly commitments to be made. And in organizations that are serious about sales growth, a good portion of the salesperson's compensation is at risk. Sales and its sustained growth are requirements for long-term financial success in any organization. During my own career in technology sales, I lived by the mantra, "If you ain't growing, you're dying." Done right, sales drives revenue growth, which in turn drives growth in profit margins, net income and shareholder value (e.g., earnings per share). No sales, no growth.…
As an MBA graduate of the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, I am excited about next week's presentation.  I'll be presenting "Executive Storytelling" with fellow part-time MBA students.  It was a serendipitious meeting with Megan, the professional development program chair. We met at a Smith School Event for International Development. After chatting a bit, I learned Megan worked for the Department of the Army and I'm an Army veteran. Soon after, we talked about a variety of topics, which led to the "What do you do?" question. A few months later, I'll be sharing…
According to the 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report published by Social Media Examiner, the top three benefits of social media marketing are greater exposure, traffic and marketplace intelligence. It's no wonder 97% of the marketers surveyed indicated they were participating in social media marketing. If your brand is represented by the remaining 3% of the sample who has yet to make the leap to social media marketing, let me share some thoughts on how social media has helped me market and grow my brand:  • Higher brand awareness  • More traffic  • Increased access to market intelligence and insightful…
As consumers, we love to share our opinions of a brand and our experience with it –the people we encounter, the products we buy or the service we receive. Most brands expect this type of customer feedback. Smart and successful brands, in fact, invest considerable resources analyzing this information and use it to inform their marketing strategy. We expect it, too. What we don't expect is for brands to review their customers...and to share their feedback on what their experience serving us was like. So you can imagine my surprise when I received an email from a shipping company I…
The summer of 2014 will be remembered for the #IceBucketChallenge phenomenon on social media. Since first receiving mainstream media attention in mid-July, when attention became focused on raising awareness and funds for ALS research, the Ice Bucket Challenge has gone viral. Participants who receive the challenge have 24 hours to accept the challenge, make a donation to an ALS charity of their choice or both. Participants who accept the challenge must post a video of themselves on social media, showing a bucket of ice water being poured over their heads. Participants also have the option of nominating others for the…
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 158
wholesale distributors | fit body boot camp workouts | Agen Ibcbet