Last night, I had the honor of presenting my executive storytelling program (see description below) to the Monte Jade membership. This was my third time over the years with this excellent group. The first and second times were different versions of my “What Do You Do? 3 Steps to a Compelling Elevator Pitch.”
- Started the program to the Monte Jade participants with a storytelling Smart Exercise where each of the participants had to tell a story to a partner simulating a business lunch. After completing the exercise, I explained that the purpose was to reinforce the idea that in general, people do not prepare stories in advance of meetings…and that they should!
- “I want to do business with those I like, I know, and I trust.” Like, Know, and Trust are huge concepts. Stories accelerate/improve each
- People tell stories all of the time…unconsciously. This is one of my foundational concepts. People need to (must) tell stories deliberately
- Both personal and professional stories should be corporate assets used for recruiting and retention, branding, building culture, marketing, and sales/outreach
- Stories should have a specific business message, which is a lesson learned turned into a compelling benefit statement, we at The Chief Storyteller® call, your Better Tomorrow MessageTM
AWAKEN THE STORYTELLING GIANT IN YOU
February 21, 2018
In all organizations, at all levels, we face universal workplace challenges: How to inspire the team, how to secure budget approval, how to take leadership to the next level. The right stories–personal, authentic, inspiring–can turn these challenges into opportunities. The Chief Storyteller® shows you how to turn your personal experiences into powerful stories that engage and inspire your stakeholders. Join Ira Koretsky for a hands-on program where you will apply a universal storytelling framework to develop high-impact workplace stories. Learn how to use your voice, body, and words together to be a more effective communicator. Come away from the program with more confidence in delivering inspiring stories to any audience.
The Monte Jade event will start with networking from 6:00 to 6:30 pm and the presentation will be from 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
Our members include C-level executives, managers, and directors leading, operating, and developing some of the most successful science and technology firms in the Greater Washington area.
Visit MonteJade DC website
Photography Source: © Copyright 2018, The Chief Storyteller®, LLC. All Rights Reserved.