What are you doing to encourage and inspire others to talk about your brand? Your organization? Your customer service? Your products and services?
CandyStore.com hit a viral home run with its interactive candy map of the United States. News outlets are covering this new interactive, Top Valentine’s Day Candy by State Map. And, they offer the website program code to include the map into your own website, which I did below.
Scroll over a state to see the first, second, and third most favorite candy purchased for Valentine’s Day in year’s past.
From their blog,
“Using sales data from the past 11 years from our online bulk candy store and industry partners, CandyStore.com has compiled sales data to determine the most popular Valentine’s Day candy. The map illustrates the favorite candy in each state. The results are pretty interesting.”
Valentine’s Day Candy Quick Facts
– 43% of people said they will buy themselves a box of chocolates this year
– 58M pounds of chocolate are bought during Valentine’s Day week
– Peak selling period for conversation hearts is only 6 weeks long
– It takes manufacturers 11 months to produce enough conversation hearts for these 6 weeks
– Vodka infused with candy remained popular with conversation hearts last year
– Children receive 39% of all candy and gifts
Photography Source: CandyStore.com