It all began some 30 years ago, at a high school science fair. Ira Koretsky had presented his computer program on the heart and the circulatory system. One by one, the prizes were announced… third… second… first place. After nearly 100 hours of programming evenings and weekends, he slumped his shoulders and thought to himself, “I lost.”
Then… Ira heard the chairwoman announce, “We are awarding the grand prize to a young man who could sell me my own pair of shoes! Please come to the stage, Ira Koretsky” In hindsight, this event helped put him on the path for a career in communication.
VETERAN, LEADER, FOUNDER
He was a US Army Captain in the Medical Service Corps serving as both a public affairs officer (PAO) and chief information officer (CIO) in the military health system. He designed presentations for himself and over 40 military and civilian executives in technology and healthcare. At just 21 years of age, Ira Koretsky gained invaluable experience and insights into messaging, communications, and storytelling.
Ira has held various leadership roles in marketing and product management. After earning his MBA from the University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business, Ira entered into the world of leading-edge technology in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley areas. It is there Ira Koretsky started The Chief Storyteller® in 2002.
IMPROV COMEDY PERFORMER
Like all good communicators, Ira loves the stage. He performed improvisational humor professionally with ComedySportz (San Jose, CA and Washington, DC) in a career spanning 12 years and more than 1,000 shows. He puts to good use these skills as an adjunct professor at the University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business. He teaches public speaking, communication, and storytelling with the student final being a five-minute TED-style talk.
MASTER COMMUNICATOR, MASTER STORYTELLER
Ira Koretsky improves your individual and organizational performance through better communication. For over 25 years, Ira has been a global speaker, blogger, in-demand trainer, executive coach in communication, public speaking, and storytelling. He has had over 40 articles published. He has accelerated success for fast-growing companies to Fortune 50 corporations, non-profits, charities, and government agencies around the world. Ira Koretsky has inspired over 36,000 people from nearly a dozen countries (testimonials, success stories, customers).
TWO FUN FACTS
- Ira Koretsky delivered the first-ever, two-part webinar for WebEx in 2003. Back then, you could only register for one event/webinar at a time.
- A Google search for “Storytelling Coach,” shows Ira Koretsky/The Chief Storyteller first, every time (except for paid ads).
PAST PERFORMANCE SUCCESS STORIES
Some quick examples of his past performance success stories include:
– TCIG quadrupling its revenue in just six months
– A high-technology services firm winning a $94 million multi-year project
– Helping the Library of Congress become the Federal government procurement Executive Agent for over $515M in information products
– Turn a typical PhD-type presentation, filled with scientific jargon into a memorable, story-driven presentation for a very important conference session
– Read all of the Success Stories