Calling all Terps for the 2019, “A Celebration of Terps.” Join me on April 26, from 6 to 10:30pm. Register <here>.
Let me know if you register and we can catch up at the event during the networking hour. Details below…
ABOUT THE GALA
On the evening of A Celebration of Terps: Featuring The Maryland Awards, the community will celebrate and honor the achievements of seven outstanding Terps. Join fellow alumni and friends, faculty, and leadership for this signature Alumni Association event.
Enjoy live music, Maryland cuisine, open bar featuring signature cocktails and dancing at this high energy event. VIP tickets include access to the award ceremony, an exclusive student performance, the celebration and a Maryland Day breakfast the following morning at The Hotel in College Park.
6:00 pm – VIP Reception featuring The Maryland Awards ceremony
7:30 pm – The Celebration featuring food, open bar and performances
VIP Reception featuring
- Wallace D. Loh, President, University of Maryland
- Jackie Lewis, Vice President, University Relations
- Amy Eichhorst, Executive Director, University of Maryland Alumni Association
Here is the list. Visit the gala celebration website to read each of these outstanding Terp’s biography.
- Hall of Fame Inductee, Florent “Flo” Groberg ’06, Chief of Staff for Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- President’s Award, V. Raymond Ferrara, CFP® ‘70, Chair/CEO, ProVise Management Group
- Outstanding Young Alumnus Award, Jonathan Fix ’16, Founder and Chairman, Terps Against Hunger
- Spirit of Maryland Award, Anne S.K. Turkos, University Archivist Emerita
- Do Good Award, Linda Powers ’15, 2019 DDS candidate, University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- Elaine Johnson Coates Award, Elaine Johnson Coates ’59, LCSW-C
- Tyser Gottwals Award, Steve Leonard ’78, President and CEO American Bus & Sprinter Vans
Friday, April 26, 2019
6:00 – 10:30 p.m.
Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center, College Park, MD
Photography Source: University of Maryland Alumni Association/span>