I received the below email from Carol. She wrote, "I think you will get a real kick out of this email. She sent a thank you note to everyone--at the same time! It's perfect for your blog."
Thank you...yes it is.
So here is the email with all of the names changed and some of the text to ensure anonymity. After the email are a few comments and suggestions.
From: Julie L.
To: John F., Eric P., Sara M., Laurie A., Raul S.
Subject: Great meeting you last week
Sara and John, thank you again for the invite to the invent. Double thank you for the introductions to Eric, Laurie, and Raul.
Eric and Laurie, it was a pleasure meeting you both and hearing a little about your company. I'll definitely be on the lookout for opportunities for partnering. I really like the potential of us working together. Let's talk again in about a month.
Raul, it was great meeting you as well. I'm sorry I didn't get to learn a little more about your business this morning. Do let me know what your schedule looks like after the first week of September and we'll get together for lunch.
Comments & Questions
- "It was great meeting you as well" does not sound very enthusiastic. I know Julie's was well-intentioned...it just didn't come across that well.
- Subject Line: make it relevant, specific, and personal. Something like, "Follow up from last week's event at XYZ - Great to meet you"
- Always send the follow up email to an individual
- Always personalize the email (just like Julie did)
- Endeavor to email within two business days following the event